Tuesday 23 June 2009

Philippines: Luxury shops in Makati


I was in Manila a few weeks ago... I'm a bit behind in posting these photos. Better late than never...

The last time I was in Manila was in January and I must say that each time I go there I notice a few significant changes!

One day, I went to Greenbelt in Makati City to meet a friend... and wow... They've opened more luxury shops and bigger at that... A colleague of mine asked me "isn't the Philippines a poor country?" "Who can afford to buy these branded stuff?" What an ignorant question!? Out of 80 million Filipinos,
there are some who are wealthy... because their
families have always been affluent... or because their families come from the rich working class... or because they are corrupt... Oooops...

Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent here... Let's go back to the main topic... more and bigger luxury shops in Greenbelt... Rolex, Patek Philippe, Omega etc... to add to the former shops of Louis Vuitton, Mark Jacobs, Gucci, Hugo Boss etc...




No comments: